Transit through Switzerland

Household effects, wedding trousseaux, inherited property 

Do you want to move from Germany to Italy? If you are moving from one foreign country to another and bringing your household effects through Switzerland, you will have to declare them for transit. The same applies to furnishings for a second dwelling. The import duties must be secured temporarily by means of a cash deposit or a guarantee. Any applicable bans or restrictions must also be observed.

The most important international transit procedures in commercial goods traffic are the common transit procedure (CTP) and the TIR procedure. Information on the procedures can be found at the following link:


Information office for customs regulations

+41 58 467 15 15

Contact form

Print contact