Marriage (wedding trousseaux)

If after getting married you wish to move to be with your spouse, who is already based in Switzerland, you may import your household effects, your wedding trousseaux (including vehicles) and wedding gifts which you received abroad duty-free.

This also applies to same-sex couples who have entered into a registered partnership in accordance with the Swiss Same-Sex Partnership Act. For further information, please contact the customs offices or the District Customs Directorates.

You must import wedding trousseaux within six months after the marriage or the partnership entered into.

Procedure upon importation

At importation, please present the completed application form (18.45 Wedding trousseaux) to the entry customs office.

Additional information can be found in the explanations on the application form.

Clearance of your wedding trousseaux must occur during the opening hours of customs offices for merchandise (cf. Contact).

These provisions apply by analogy for road vehicles, watercraft and aircraft. Information on traffic licensing can be found under Moving > Vehicles.



Opening hours + addresses

Information office for customs regulations

+41 58 467 15 15

Contact form

Print contact